Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Hey Hey

Happy February Everyone! I cant believe how fast time has gone!

I only have 15 minutes so ill get straight to it...

MAIL INFORMATION
Pouch- safer (its a pouch with all the church mail from the states to Uruguay) , cheaper (1 stamp) , but slower (2 weeks)
Uruguay Montevideo West Mission
POB 30150
Salt Lake City, Utah 84130-0150
Direct Mail- Quicker (5-7 days) more expensive (3 stamps or 98 cents)
La Mision Uruguay Montevideo Oeste
Enrique Martinez 1167
Montevideo, Uruguay C.P. 11.800
Packages
No more than 4 pounds each and dont put the worth as more than 50 dollars. If either of these are not followed it will take up to 4 months.
Email
Urugoest@gmail.com
this is the best way to just send me a letter or something. Its easy. just put "Elder Daniel Kellis" on the subject line, and write away!

Caity! hows the blog coming? are you updating it? =) I loved you email and your pictures! You are the best missionaries little sister ever! I love you! I hope you feel better soon!
Hahaha theres a little latino kid next to me playing video games. hes all into it and stuff.

Alright so some quick stories.
We were walking and saw this super crazy eye crossed high off his mind smoking guy with raggedy clothes and a huge gross but awesome smile. We were just like hey whats up man! you should stop smoking!!! he was like OK!!!! =D and threw his cigarette into the street and started hugging us. It was awesome. I cant wait to watch that instant replay in heaven.

There was a CRAZZZYY like hurricane status rain storm this week. We were in the house when it started, and decided to leave during the middle of it. The streets were like rivers. There was like a 6inch constant flow of water throghout the whole streets. We happened to be close to the bishops house so we chilled there. As the sun finally came out about 1 hour later (after I lost one of my nametags and had soaked shoes and everything) we left. I felt like we should go to a recent convert family. But Elder Inostroza is a very i dont know how to put it. He is very good at being senior companion. So I didnt say anything. Luckily I think he might have had some kind of similar inspiration because about an hour later he said lets go to Rider and Maira´s so we did. Their house had been flooded. They were trying to get water out of their house. They have little to nothing already. Their little refrigerator and little clothes washer had gotten wet and broke. The water was up to about a foot and a half in thier two little tiny bedrooms. The 2 daughters have to share a twin size bed. Their room was the worst. Their little TV had been filled with water. Well anyways. We spent the rest of the day helping them. I have a little thing I wrote that I would like to send when I get the chance. Its about the faithful saints in South America.

I had divisions on Tuesday with Elder Oakey. He´s a stud and is going home in 3 weeks. We had an awesome and successful day, I learned alot from him and it was so nice to talk in English!!!!!

The food is so great!! We have lunch with the zone twice a week. after district meetings on tuesdays and on Pdays on mondays. On all the other days the members feed us lunch. Lunch is the main meal here. So we eat A LOT. So far I havent eaten anything to crazy. The sisters are awesome cooks here! Lots of fried breaded meat, rice, and my favorite drink ever now GUARANA!!!! THey also make this declicious bread its basically banana bread without banana in it that we put carmel stuff on.

The weather has been fresher this week.

Thanks for all your prayers and love!! Thanks for your letters each of you! Mom thank you for sharing all that you shared. I love hearing all about how your doing.

Today I had a haircut and the Hermana asked that I ask if you could send a BYU shirt. Ill have to tell you more about that when I have time too. Shes the best. She washes our clothes and makes our food and stuff.

IM CRAVING AMERICAN CANDY!! hahaa

GOOOO BYU!!!! thats so awesome!!!

AC-.the chapel has like 40 fans in the chapel and each room has like 4 fans. It gets REALLY hot when there arent fans on. about 1 in 30 houses have AC here, i dont know how they do it. =P

I dont use the sleeping bag, but I think for exchanges it will be nice.

Health is great, I drink 2 liters of water each day, plus the water the members give us.

Today was way fun, Ill have to send you my SD card sometime soon with a bunch of pictures.

Love you lots!!
have an awesome week!

-Elder Kellis

No comments:

Post a Comment