Thursday, November 3, 2011

November 3, 2011

Hey! so your probably wondering why my email hasnt come yet...President Heaton has a meeting in Buenos Aires and so transfers were moved back 5 days to today! We woke up monday morning thinking it was Pday...we had nothing planned for the day, we were in basketball shorts and pjs...I was super excited to hear from the family and rest after a stressful week...We called our district leader about a question we had and he told us it wasnt pday and that we had transfers on Thursday...WHAT?!?!?! We were totally taken back especially because we had to postpone the baptism to this saturday for some smoking problems...so we decided..well...its most likely that Elder Olivares will be gone on Saturday...and hes gotta be here for the baptism. so we made a bunch of quick calls and moved it to Yesterday, Wednesday. They were baptized yesterday and it was an awesome service, and a really special last day for Elder Olivares.

I also got some good news from our zone leaders last night! I am going down to Montevideo with Elder Olivares tonight...TO PICK UP MY COMP!! I`ll be training for the next three months! Is that sick or what!? Ima be a Trainer! but I have no idea who he is until I meet him. It will definately be a new experience and I know it will be sweet. Im excited to see a bunch of old friends from my district in the MTC who I am sure will be going down to pick of their oritos as well.

So Juan and Dolores were married on the 28th. We all packed into a little tiny really old car and drove out to constitucion. I made pizza and we bought some drinks to eat at this really nice picnic area by a lake out in constitucion. It was an awesome day! Then the car wouldnt start...so the groom, and us two pushed it halfway to the courthouse. It started miraculously and we made it. The ceremony was WAY fast...only a couple minutes long. The judge had a cool Uruguay flag thing wrapped around his waist. He spoke like a hundred miles an hour and they kissed. We attacked them with a bunch of rice and ate the wedding cake. 

The baptism was great. I have a bunch of pictures to send but this junk computer here in downtown Salto just wont survive such a hard task. its a PC of course. We are in the mall at a cyber. But as Dolores bore her testimony after she just started bawling. She couldnt finish and was about to faint. She just finished with "Im just so much happier now that Im in the church" and sat down. It was really special and made all the sore legs and long viajes to their house and surprise food and wierd meat dinners all worth it. I just couldnt wipe the smile off my face yesterday. Juan was baptized by his older brother who was just baptized an married a week before I got here. Sweet huh!

Today we bought choripan (Chorizo & Pan) its a super unhealthy delicous sandwhich. and anyways, the guy at the little carrito asked me how he could find a Bible. I told him I was gonna be in Montevideo and that I could get him one from the distribution center. I am excited to deliver it to him! 

Man! Your letters sound just like Christophers and Jakes letters! You guys are really into the missionary work out there and thats so awesome! I know that the sisters must be so grateful for all your help! 

To answer your questions Dad, the nearest computer isnt too far...there is a little place in Colonia 18 (about a 2 mile bike ride) that has free computer service...its government owned and its to teach the students how to use computers better and do their homework on the computers. The guy there is was nice. Hes like "you guys dont have to just come mondays, you can come all the time if you want!" haha...the nearest groceries are about 10 minutes away. We usually dont have to buy too much food cuz the members and investigators and nieghbors here just stuff us with food. There is a swap meet but its only on sundays mornings. But there is still all kinds of shops and stuff downtown. We dont go downtown too much though. They kinda celebrate halloween here. They take it really seriously and a lot of families dont support it because its all about withcery and devil stuff. Some families were upset because the missionaries set up a halloween activity in the church. They thought it wasnt appropriate for a church activity. Its intersting the cultural differences huh? 

Well...It wont be too long till I write again on monday...but Ill tell you a little about my new companion and stuff. I love you all you family and friends lots and hope you have a great weekend! 

Love,

-- 
Elder Daniel Kellis
La Mision Montevideo Oeste
Enrique Martinez 1167
Montevideo Uruguay CP 11.800

No comments:

Post a Comment