Tuesday, September 18, 2012

September 17, 2012


Ok Im feeling way better today and im sorry about the lame letter last week. We were just in a huge hurry. When we got home that day I just crashed onto my bed. I tried getting up to take medicine and get ready for our lesson but I just got dizzy and felt like death. So we tried calling some hermanos to come do splits because we had a really important lesson but nobody could come. I just slept until the next morning. I feel great now though! I hate being sick on the mission. It makes it about 10 times worse. That was the first time since I was with my trainer in february 2011 that I wasnt feeling good enough to be able to go out and work. 


The week went by way fast! Our zone meeting went so good! The zone loved it! I made choclate chip cookies for the whole zone and put a bunch of salt in 3 of them. When the missionaries who took those cookies started to eat them up in front of everybody one of them had to run to the bathroom and spit it out. We explained that you can put your suit on and go out and work just like all the other missionaries but if you aren´t obedient, even just a little bit, you won´t have the same results. Then we wrote a fake letter from each of their parents saying that their parents had gone innactive and that they needed help. It hit some missionaries really hard. We challenged them to realize that there are mothers and fathers of people out there that need to be helped spiritually as well. They need their angles to arrive at their front door to be invited to the awesomest place on earth! CHURCH! 

We did exchanges with a couple Elders in our zone. I had the opportunity to stay in my area with Elder Muñoz from Puebla Mexico. He is probably the most humble, loving, and just pure and awesome missionary I have ever met. I just felt like I was in the temple all day just working along side him haha He is in his 3rd transfer.

Sunday we arrived at stake conference expecting a normal stake conference. We were wrong. They sustained the elders in each ward and guess what! A brother raised his hand super high saying that he was OPPOSED! it was super intense! Then, a member of the stake presidency took him out and they talked. I had never seen that before! Then the pulled the projector screen down and we had a live broadcast from SLC! Neil A. Anderson, Linda Reevs (or something like that) and Walter F. Gonzalez talked straight to the Uruguayos in SPANISH! It was sweet hearing them speak spanish! I was a little dissapointed when President Monson stood to speak and the traslatotion voice-over came on, but he was lookin dang good in a GREY SUIT! 

After lunch in Elder Navarro´s old ward on sunday we were walking back to a bus stop to get back to our area and we saw a bike thrown in the little sewer-canal-black-nastiness that run down both sides of all the dirt roads. As we got closer we realized that it wasnt just a bike, but that a man had fallen down into it. He was all black, smelly, half-unconcious and all twisted up in his bike. It was so sad! My comp and I pulled him out, his face, the whole right side of his body and his hands were wet and black. His hair looked like he put sewer gel in it. He was probably drunk, but he looked at us like the blind man looks at his daughter for the first time in Finding Faith in Christ. It was an experience that I´ll never forget, especially the feeling afterwards. There is no greater joy than pullling someone out of a pit. My comp got his white shirt and purple paisley tie all black, but we got to a members to wash off. As i walked away I felt so grateful to be trusted by Heavely Father to be placed there at that moment to help him. I wonder how long he was down there.

Well, thats our week! Wednesday we have a sector-conference with Elder Viñas of the Seventy. I got your package as well! THANK YOU!! 
-- 

Elder Daniel Kellis
La Mision Uruguay Montevideo Oeste
Enrique Martinez 1167
Montevideo Uruguay CP 11.800

No comments:

Post a Comment