Alright so let me just give you a list of fun things that happened this week.
- Our ward mission leader had us over to help him work on a ward activity for like 5 hours. We set it all up at the chapel and everything and nobody came. There was probably 15 people there. 10 under 16 yrs old. So we started this FHE thing in the YW room, and this crazy alchoholic lady started going off on our ward mission leader that original sin was in all of us since being born and just wouldn´t listen to anything we tried explaining her. We all learned a little patience and organization lessons.
- The coolest family in the ward is moving out, they let me cut their 10 yr old son´s little tail of hair in the back of his head.
- The other coolest family in the ward had a little problem, the Dad is jealous of the missionaries because the wife cooks better for us than for him so he brought a bed, all his clothes, and a bunch of stuff to his moms house and left his wife and 3 daughters. Hes on the high council. We were gonna bring her flowers but decided it would probably be better if not, cuz he would get mad, so we got some flowers from our front yard and had the Relief Society put a nice bow and ribbon around the 2 liter soda bottle cut in half, and we brought it to her "from the Relief Society" haha...she did an awesome job teaching on Sunday and is never discouraged.
- The Elder that we had some problems with during general conference was sent home. He hopes to come back out after fixing some things.
- My comp is on a special warning and could be uddenly taken out as ZL depending on how he does this week. Im working really hard with him so that he can progess. he needs leadership experience so he can lift up Chile!
- One of the strongest Priests (18) wont be going on a mission probably because his GF wants him to move in with her, which is now causing problems with his grandma, who was our strongest investigator, who is already upset with him because she bought him a motorcycle and it got stolen last week.
- One of the couselors was pretty tough on the ward during his talk on sunday about sacrament meeting reverence and said "it would be better if you just stayed home" which got a lot of members pretty offended, especially since the toddlers of the Bishop and other counselor are the worst running around during the meetings.
- A new member moved into the ward and came to church on sunday just crying cuz her husband left her and her 2 little kids. She has nothing. shes only 19, her parents kicked her out. It was really special to see the Releif Soceity in action!
- A lady that sends her kids to a sister´s in-home preschool had a fire in her house and burned all the clothes, so that was another good opportunity for the Relief Society. We got a couple bags of clothes all together for her. (you know those closets that the Relief Society room has? well here in Uruguay, 90% of them are filled with clothes for the poor! its sweet)
So basically we have had lots of opportunities to "mourn with those that mourn and stand with those that stand in need of comfort." Thats our week in a nutshell. Im working harder than I have in the last 6 months, making sure I finish the mission like a loco.
Love you all!--
Elder Daniel Kellis
La Mision Uruguay Montevideo Oeste
Enrique Martinez 1167
Montevideo Uruguay CP 11.800